This treatment is for you if…
You have sensitive teeth and wish to have white teeth again.
What is LED teeth whitening?
LED teeth whitening is the most modern treatment of the aesthetic teeth whitening techniques.
In recent years, it has become very popular, since it is the technological heir and substitute of laser teeth whitening. In fact, they have similar characteristics and the same advantages. The sole main difference between both is that LED teeth whitening is less intense and has fewer contraindications for the patient’s dental enamel. This is mainly due to the fact that LED lighting, aside from being cold and not emitting heat, is concentrated in less specific points of the surface area of each tooth. Within the technical teeth whitening aspects, the light photons are grouped together in a single frequency, meaning that LED lighting is less intense and concentrated.
Since LED lighting is less strong and condensed, a more extensive area of the tooth’s surface can be covered, making it possible to whiten all teeth in turn. This accelerates the whitening process and causes less discomfort to dental enamel.
Advantages of LED teeth whitening
Currently, LED teeth whitening is the technique most chosen by patients that seek a whiter more perfect smile. This treatment has more advantages, aside from the aesthetic ones, that will help the patient to improve their quality of life and oral health.
- Whitening without discomfort. Since LED teeth whitening uses the latest technology, the procedure represents minimal or no discomfort for the patient. In fact, since LED lighting is less harmful than laser techniques, this treatment has become the best option for people that have sensitive teeth.
- Rapid treatment. The results of the LED teeth whitening process can normally be seen from the first session, depending on each case and on the dental characteristics of each patient. Despite the fact that the process is not as quick as laser teeth whitening, the patient can enjoy a perfect smile almost in the same period of time.
- Perfect white smile. We are increasingly aware of the importance of having white aligned teeth and good oral health. Thanks to LED technology, obtaining an impeccable smile is much easier and safer, since it adapts to even the most sensitive mouths.
- Promotes dental hygiene. Carrying out excellent oral hygiene is the best way to maintain a perfect white smile following LED whitening treatments. Aside from the aesthetic part, thanks to the new dental care routines acquired following the whitening, the patient will also see considerable improvement to their oral health.
LED teeth whitening phases
LED teeth whitening is a more rapid and effective procedure. On many occasions, this type of treatment is complemented with other techniques that patients can perform from their own home.
Aside from filtering infrared emissions, minimising the amount of heat and damage to which teeth are exposed, LED lighting lamps are designed to cover all teeth at once. This leads to shorter sessions than with laser technology.
LED teeth whitening has the following phases:
1. First, an expert in aesthetic dental treatments will apply a gum protector to avoid irritation or burns caused by whitening gel and then gel will be applied to the teeth to be treated.
2. Lastly, the photo-activation process will be performed. Through a LED lamp that emits a cold blue light, the molecules of this whitening gel are activated, accelerating the liberation of whitening peroxide substances.
Unlike laser teeth whitening, which can only be carried out once per session, with LED teeth whitening, various photo-activation sessions can be programmed in a single appointment. Accordingly, great results can be obtained more quickly.
Once the patient has obtained a perfect white smile through LED whitening treatments, it may last between 6-12 months, always taking into account the guidelines and advice of the specialist, with regard to oral care and hygiene.
The amounts indicated have been estimated in line with a full treatment, in accordance with the parameters in the table. Includes: study, treatment and check-ups during the treatment, so it serves as a guide and is of a merely informative non-contractual nature. The personalised treatment will be examined in line with the medical prescription. Prices can be increased if additional costs are incurred as a result of the requests made by each customer. Price valid until 31 December 2022 except in the event of a typing error.